Tuesday, February 9, 2010

OP ED: Goodbye, NFL.


Enough is enough. I have followed football for what seems like 4 years. The New England Patriots have been my team since Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl ring in a thrilling game against the St. Louis Rams. Its been a long time since that awesome Super Bowl win.

Over the years I have seen the rise and fall of great teams. The Rams and Raiders are a joke. The Patriots have stagnated due to personnel shifts. The Cardinals are a legit team. The Saints won their first Super Bowl on their first visit to the Super Bowl against the 4-time MVP winner Peyton Manning and his Indianapolis Colts. In the past 3 years I made some bold predictions. I am pleased to say that I have been proven right about most of them. Before the 2006 season got under way, I had the opportunity to watch a college football game. That game was USC vs UCLA. What was expected to be a close game was nothing more than a bloody mess. Reggie Bush tore up the defense and was, literally, flying high towards his Hiesman Trophy.

I watched the draft with keen interest. The New Orleans Saints drafted Reggie Bush and signed former San Diego Chargers quarterback Drew Brees to the squad to be led by new coach Sean Payton. After their incredible year during the 2006 that was cut short to a loss to the Chicago Bears, I predicted the Saints will win a Super Bowl with that kind of squad. Two .500 mediocre seasons later, the Saints win their first Lombardy Trophy in its franchise history before the eyes of the largest television audience ever! I predicted a Colts vs Saints Super Bowl early on during the season (wishing them to arrive with perfect records). I also predicted that if the those teams squared off, the Saints would win it. I was laughed at.


Who Dat laughing now?

I am very happy that in the past few years I got to experience some great football. History was made in the past 4 years and I got to see it! Sure, my Patriots did not win their 4th Super Bowl ring in a decade, but history was made no matter what. (Hate you, Giants!) This past year, no matter how hard it was to watch my team struggle and lose stupidly, the NFL was exposed for what it truly was: a liberal institution imposing its will and agenda on every one involved both on the field, off the field, and at home. I witnessed the disgusting hatred there is for Conservatives and Republicans. I am both. And what was done to Rush Limbaugh last year was mean-spirited and RACIST! The smear campaigns. The lies. All the venom being spewed by vipers wearings suits sitting on high chairs in front of a camera landed on me too. The stupidity that stems from the Commissioner Roger Goodell, down to the ignorance of conceded divas on the field made me want to puke. Its so sad that great American Football players with conservative values are shut out from fully participating and enjoying the company of their fellow players. Where were the players that supported Rush during the whole fiasco? Why weren't they given any media time to defend him? Why did the liberal sports media only tell one side of the story?

When Barack Hussein Obama was sworn in as President, the NFL Network forgot its supposed to be talking Football. It became a marathon of apologetic white men congratulating black people and asking for their forgiveness for the sins of their fathers'. Half of the voters voted against him while millions of others didn't even bother wasting their time in the previous election. So does the NFL reflect America and its values? Its constantly reconsidering rules on how to play the sport and how to behave while playing it.

-Don't celebrate too much (because you'll hurt the other team's feeling)
-Don't tackle the quarterback if he threw the ball [one nano second before hitting him] or you'll be fined!
-Don't be yourself off the field (we don't want the world to know you're either involved with gangs, drugs, or something else that might hurt our image!)

The list of behavioral control goes on. The sport is the most regulated on earth! Everything is over-analyzed, and everything is a statistic. How stupid. The game is no longer fun. Veteran football players have said it, but who's listening? Of course records are being broken nowadays; quarterbacks can't be touched!

Honestly, my frustration with the sport isn't because of the rules. Its because of the idiots making the rules. The communists that run the sport and worship at the alters of Marx, Lenin, and Obama. I'm done with the sport, and I'm glad I get to leave it having experienced just about as much history as I can take!

Farewell, NFL. May the game be saved from the hands of the liberal disease that spoils our country
-Andres

1 comment:

thevman said...

Virgil Lucero. I agree. I even told my brothers that i'm done with the NFL. they have taken the fun away, it's just not the same. I enjoyed football a year before Farve won his first superbowl since then I have followed it. now it's like i'm watching a different sport. i'm still a Farve fan that won't change. i'm just upset with how the NFL isn't fun & enjoyable like before.